Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Toaster oven to the rescue...kinda

I came home from Chemistry class tonight drained and wanting something sweet. I decided to quickly whip up a variation of my favorite oat bar--a combo of rolled oats, whole wheat flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, canola oil (any mild flavored oil works really), agave (i would normally use maple syrup but i'm out), sea salt, and baking soda.

I then discovered that my oven was not working! After waiting about half an hour for it to preheat to 350 degrees, I opened the oven door and felt very little heat! With a sinking feeling, I then checked the stove top--no gas flame from any four burners. Ahh! My gas stove/oven is ESSENTIAL to my life! I hope by tomorrow morning the problem has magically remedied itself...or that they've turned my gas back on by then!

Under the circumstances, there was only one thing to do---use the toaster oven to bake my oat bar! How'd that go you ask? Well:
Kinda like that. A little burned and not in the shape of a square (b/c who can fit a baking pan in a toaster oven!?). Still, as far as taste went, it was more than satisfactory :). Thank you toaster oven.

Update: It's the next morning and my stove and oven are still not working! There's alot of construction going on around my apartment, like right around it, so I suspect my misfortune has something to do with someone messing with the gas supply as a result of that :\. It would have been nice to have gotten a warning though!

No comments:

Post a Comment